Shaving Soap Bar | Plastic-Free July: Make the Switch Series
Posted by Hayley McKenzie
Aside from our flagship hair bars, one of our top-selling products is our sea salt soap/ shave bar - 'Smooth n’ Salty'. We love this bar so much that we decided to release a new formulation - '#brunchgoals'- which is full of moisturizing avocado oil and butter. These bars are amazing for a zero-waste shaving routine, as you'll see below (just in time for Plastic-free July), but they have many other benefits too!
Let’s take a look at some of the amazing benefits of sea salt soap for your skin:
1. Sea salts are packed full of essential trace minerals like magnesium, zinc, calcium, potassium, sulfur and more. These minerals are beneficial for troubled skin and work for a myriad of skin conditions, such as:
relieve tension and fluids that cause an aged and puffy look
kill off bacteria
2. Sea salt, with its grainy texture and crystalline structure, is a wonderful exfoliator. Our sea salt soaps feel like a polished soft stone, so the exfoliation you’ll experience is fine, but it still helps leave the skin with even tone and feel, by gently sloughing off dead skin cells (which also happens to result in a smoother shave!).
3. Sea salt soap, with its healing and soothing properties, has a mild detoxifying effect and helps draw toxins out of the body and skin. It stimulates blood circulation and detoxifies the body by balancing systematic pH (making these soaps suitable for all skin types), while also improving the mineral status of the body. This re-mineralization effect helps balance the body’s water retention levels, reduce muscle cramps and alleviates pain associated with arthritis, rheumatism and fatigue.
4. Sea salt is also a natural antiseptic and antibacterial, which is another reason it is particularly useful as a shaving bar! It will help disinfect those pesky nicks and cuts as you shave while simultaneously helping ward off bacteria that causes body odour.
5. Our sea salt soap bars have major longevity; lasting twice as long as regular soap bars in the shower due to their density and mineral content. The salt makes our bars rock hard and smooth as a stone and it creates an extremely dense, fluffy and lotion-like lather that is wonderfully decadent.
These bars are perfect for soothing irritation that often results from shaving (for both men and women), which is why we encourage people to replace their wasteful shaving lotions and creams with these zero-waste and eco-friendly bars (plus a safety razor)! We even use them on our kids due to their gentle and restorative properties.
Check out our feature on our new #brunchgoals sea salt soap bar!